wtorek, 23 stycznia 2024

An Angel

 

He makes everyone but me feel safe.

He's radiant, my gums bleed 

when I think about him when I brush my teeth

The sight of him terrifies me


He tells people not to be afraid

but I'm afraid for him

He gets into trouble but he won't fall

He's protected by the fleece and blood of his god


His diet of processed boring purity,

Bland pop culture and alcohol 

His toxic safety 

All like a hand of a god on his halo


Looking at him is like grabbing myself

through the past

He may not be saint Athanasius’s ideal

but at least he's alive and idealistic and loved


I used to love others and deny myself

His god told him to hate others as himself

and what can I do but try to return to that gospel

so I would know and hold his passions?

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Ulysses

  I never understood what people meant When they spoke of feeling tempted Before I talked to you I never before thought about dashing my san...